Rookwood Tour Day
The Rookwood Tour Day invites the community to explore Australia’s most iconic cemetery, through a variety of unique tours and activities.
Date: Saturday 29 September
Time: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Our upcoming tour day will provide a way for visitors to experience what Rookwood has to offer, including its vast landscape, culturally specific gardens, heritage buildings and memorials.
Journey back in time with historic cemetery tours, heritage rose garden tours and landmark tours. Or immerse yourself in a range of thought provoking sculptures scattered throughout the cemetery as a part of our HIDDEN Sculpture Exhibition.
For those that just want to sit back and relax, grab a beanbag or picnic rug and enjoy the live entertainment, food and beverages, or have some fun with our live caricaturist.
There is even an exclusive Instameet for photography enthusiasts being hosted by Instagrammers Sydney (@igerssydney). This unique opportunity will enable attendees to capture photos of Rookwood, the HIDDEN sculpture exhibition and experience the cemetery at sunset. Terms & Conditions for the Instameet Competition can be found here.
- Rookwood Heritage Tour, with Friends of Rookwood - 10.00am and 10.30am
- Tour of the Heritage Rose Gardens, with Heritage Rose in Australia - 10.15am and 11.15am
- Rookwood Landmark Tour, with Operations Manager Mark Bundy - 11.30am and 1.30pm
- HIDDEN Sculpture Exhibition, with HIDDEN Curator - 12.00pm
- Louisa Lawson Restoration Unveiling - 1.00pm
- Rookwood Instameet, with Instagrammers Sydney (@igerssydney) - 3.00pm
To secure your spot for the above tours, please email or call on 02 8575 8100