About Metropolitan Memorial Parks
Rookwood General Cemetery – is now Metropolitan Memorial Parks.
We provide places of reflection and are committed to serving the changing needs of our diverse communities by supporting people to grieve, celebrate life, and remember loved ones.
Our parks offer sustainable and affordable interment options, crematoria, memorialisation, chapels and functions, through to history and recreational facilities.
Metropolitan Memorial Parks was established to unite the Northern Cemeteries, Rookwood General Cemetery and Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries NSW. Learn more about the Metropolitan Memorial Parks amalgamation.
As Metropolitan Memorial Parks, we oversee 1,000 acres of Crown Land cemeteries. Learn more about our cemeteries and memorial parks:
Parks formerly managed by Northern Cemeteries
Parks formerly managed by Southern Cemeteries
Parks formerly managed by Rookwood General Cemetery
For more information about our corporate governance, please contact us.
Metropolitan Memorial Parks Values
- We show empathy for others, especially at the worst time of their lives
- We provide emotional support for each other
- We have the courage to speak up when something is wrong because we care about the outcome
- We actively listen and give others our attention
- We respect the work and opinion of everyone
- We go the extra mile to meet specific cultural needs and differences
- We communicate with each other clearly, transparently and honestly
- We collaborate cross functionally to solve problems
- When something needs to be done, we go out of our way to help each other
- We take pride in what we do
- We attend to tasks with our full attention and follow through on our commitments
- We go above and beyond to achieve the best outcomes for the community