Monumental Inscriptions The inscription chosen for a loved one’s memorial can be a unique reflection of their life, family and culture.
We offer a range of inscription options that enable families to commemorate their loved ones.
Our team can assist you with any inscription enquiries such as;
Date of death additions
Motifs, emblems and specialised designs
Re gilding and re painting of faded inscriptions
Traditional Lead lettering
Heritage hand painted finish
All inscriptions are personalised however most inscriptions include;
- An opening or introduction, “In Loving memory of”, or “Dedicated to the memory of”
- The name of the deceased person or people and who they were known as, “In Loving Memory of, Robert “Bob” Walton” or Roberta Walton (née Smith).
- The date that the person was born and died or their age.
- Their family relationships, “Dearly loved Husband of”, “Cherished Grandfather and Great-Grandfather to all his Grandchildren & Great-Grandchildren”.
- A personal message, quotation, prayer, poem or phrase that is meaningful to the person. This could be a saying they were well known for, something that summarises their personality or beliefs, or even a bible verse or famous inspirational quote.
- A summary or end line. This is like a final word of sentiment showing love or respect for the deceased. Examples such as “Forever in our Hearts”, “Resting with Angels”, “Gone but never forgotten”, etc.
- Decorative elements.These can be a ceramic photo, a decorative border or other meaningful graphics and symbols such as flowers or hobbies.
Selecting the wording for an epitaph can be difficult and we have prepared examples to help you on our Inscription examples page.
Take your time to prepare the wording and ask family and friends for suggestions to help.
We offer a range of finishes and styles to suit your personal preferences. For more information our about monumental inscriptions, please contact us.
As we are approaching the end of the year, we would like to advise you of the order closing dates to ensure that your memorial is completed by Christmas 2023.
Inscriptions require signed approval and payment in full by the 20th of October 2023 to ensure completion.
Plaques require signed approval and payment, by the 20th of October 2023 to ensure completion.
Any new orders requiring Granite/stone for pre-Christmas, the date has passed and these will be completed in the new year.
Our suppliers and contractors will be closed for annual maintenance over the Christmas and New Year periods to allow their employees to take some well-deserved leave and to undertake yearly maintenance.