Information for Funeral Directors
Last updated 11am, 24 December 2021
The health and safety of our community and staff is our top priority and we thank you for working with us during these difficult times.
Covid-19 Restrictions & Guidelines
We ask all our Funeral Directors to assist us by outlining the measures below to your staff, contractors and families.
Compliance with NSW Health Restrictions
The following measures apply to funerals in Greater Sydney.
- No restrictions on unvaccinated people attending funerals
- No attendance limits on funerals
- QR Code Check-in is mandatory for all funeral services
- Masks are mandatory indoors, including Chapel services and the administration building
- The 1 in 2 sqm restriction ends so there are no density limits
- The 1 in 2 sqm restriction is reinstated for hospitality venues
- Singing permitted, both performers and attendees
Chapel capacities including All Souls, Chapel of Eternal Rest, Saint Athanasios Greek Orthodox Church and Beit Tephilla now have no density limits due to the 1 in 2 sqm restriction ending.
Number of Guests that can be comfortably accommodated
Sapphire Room + Emerald Courtyard
Maximum capacity 148, with a maximum of 68 seated inside, 30 on the verandah and 50 in the courtyard.
|Topaz Room + Emerald Courtyard||
Maximum capacity 99, with a maximum of 34 seated inside, 15 on the half verandah and 50 in the courtyard.
Amber Room + Verandah
Maximum capacity 49, with a maximum of 34 seated inside and 15 on the half verandah.
RGC Office & Booking Funerals:
- For information about Australia Day Operations please click here.
- Burial and cremation services continue to be offered 7 days per week.
- The office is open for face-to-face general enquiries Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4.00 pm, with Client Services representatives available via phone on weekdays (7.30am - 4.00pm), Saturdays (9.00am – 1.00pm), and Sundays (9.00am – 3.00pm).
- RGC's Funeral Director office is open. We ask that you wait for our Concierge to lead your cortege to grave side.
- Canopies, chairs and water bottles are offered by RGC at all services.
- We no longer accept payment via cash for any of our services. Please assist us by making alternative arrangements, such as paying by credit card, direct deposit, or cheque.
Thank you for helping us to comply with the latest NSW Government requirements. We will continue to review our measures to comply with the Public Health Orders and to keep our families and community safe. Please continue to reach out if you have any further queries.